Flight Crew for Airbus Defence and Space UK Zephyr High Altitude Long Endurance Remotely Piloted Aircraft System Farnborough UK
The Airbus Defence and Space UK Zephyr is a world record-breaking High Altitude Long Endurance solar-electric powered Remotely Piloted Aircraft System (RPAS) capable of persistent operations in the stratosphere.
Following our successful test-flying campaigns over the last 3 years we now have opportunities for talented, team-oriented people to join our exciting programme. We are an inclusive group of aviation professionals who all share a vision to operationalise the stratosphere and if you have suitable transferrable skills, including relevant technical and aviation experience, then this is your chance to apply to join the flight operations team.
We now have multiple positions for flight crew to support our test-flying campaign in 2023. Full training is provided to suitable candidates at our specialist training facility in Farnborough. Successful graduates from our training programme rotate through deployment overseas and our operations centre in the UK. All travel, accommodation and meals are provided when working overseas.
We welcome applications from all backgrounds and experience, although you will need to demonstrate the right to live and work in the UK, as well as have the ability to travel overseas. We are not able to obtain work visas to enable living and working in the UK, although visa support will be provided where required for overseas operations.
This is your opportunity to be part of exciting aviation activity at the leading edge of global RPAS operations.
Description of the Job
This job is inside IR35.
You will be responsible for the safe and effective delivery of Zephyr flight operations as part of a multi-person crew encompassing the following tasks:
- Flight planning, meteorology, system preparation and airspace management
- System management and aircraft navigation from a ground control station
- Working with external stakeholders including air traffic controllers and customers
- Technical, operations or management tasks according to your individual skillset
Essential Skills and Experience
- Ability to work well as a member of a team
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to make and implement complex technical risk-based decisions under pressure in a small-team environment
- Fluent in English to negotiation standard (minimum ICAO Level 4), have the right to live and work in the UK, and be willing and able to deploy overseas for extended periods
- Competent in Maths and English (minimum GCSE level 5 / C, O’Level / O’Grade level C)
- Working knowledge of physics
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows(TM) applications
- Able to meet UK DVLA Group 2 or medical standards or a minimum of Class 3 aviation medical standards from an ICAO contracting state.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Aviation or aerospace technical qualifications, including current or previous flight crew, UAS, UAV, RPAS or engineering licenses.
- Level 3 or higher qualifications in aviation or aerospace, or comparable experience.
- Aviation experience as flight crew or engineer, either military or civil.
- Training in, or understanding of, CRM, NOTECHs, TEM policies and practises.
- An understanding of the technical, operational and environmental factors affecting Zephyr.
- Beyond line of sight, large RPAS operating experience.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Company: Airbus HAPS Connectivity Solutions Ltd
Contract Type: Permanent Contract / CDI / Unbefristet / Contrato indefinido
Experience Level: Professional / Expérimenté(e) / Professionell / Profesional
Job Family: Testing
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Airbus is, and always has been, committed to equal opportunities for all. As such, we will never ask for any type of monetary exchange in the frame of a recruitment process. Any impersonation of Airbus to do so should be reported to [email protected].
At Airbus, we support you to work, connect and collaborate more easily and flexibly. Wherever possible, we foster flexible working arrangements to stimulate innovative thinking.