SJRC has some very promising drones under $500, and this F22S Pro is the best of all. The SJRC F22S GPS-enabled quadcopter has an EIS gimbal stabilized 4K camera, a laser-assisted obstacle avoidance system, and an outstanding battery life.
The drone has a battery life of 35 minutes, which is on the upper end for low-cost consumer drones. However, this is the official flight time, usually calculated if you fly in perfect conditions. So, expect something more in the range of 25-27 minutes, which is still a reasonable flight time for such an affordable drone. The intelligent battery has four charging indicator LEDs.
With folded arms measures 210 * 95 * 80mm and weighs 585 grams – meaning that you need to register it with FAA. Its powerful brushless motors provide excellent stability even in windy conditions.
Pricing and availability
The SJRC F22S drone can be ordered from Banggood with a starting price of US$249.99 with one battery or $361.99 with two batteries. These prices include a pair of spare propellers and charging cables.
- Compact size with folding design (210 * 95 * 80mm);
- 4K camera with EIS gimbal and remote angle adjustment (80°);
- Photo resolution：3840* 2160P(phone) / 3840*2160P(SD card)
- Video resolution：1280*720P(phone) / 3840* 2160P(SD card)
- Camera Lens: F2.15, FOV 100°
- SD Card 32G-128G（optional)
- GPS one-click returns to the takeoff point, low power return, no signal return.
- Gesture shooting and recognition: within a 1-3m distance from the aircraft, make photo gestures/camera gestures in front of the camera.
- Multi-point route planning flight: The aircraft flies autonomously according to the preset route, and the player focuses on shooting.
- Fixed point surrounds: find the center of the surround, and then move the desired radius through the rocker.
- Aircraft retrieval function: Click the GPS signal icon three consecutive times to open the map interface, and the map shows the last distance of the aircraft’s Latitude and longitude.
- Picture and video sharing: single or multiple selections to share photos; video can only be transferred once.
- Up to 3.5KM video transmission range;
- About 35 minutes of battery life.