I know that these days everything has become more expensive, but I’m curious how many of you would pay $1000 for a transmitter just to play with an FPV drone. The FrSky Tandem XE probably targets a very selective market willing to pay a fortune for remote control. For its price, no wonder why FrSky offers the Tandem XE in a suitcase-style metal case with two lockers.
Building on the TANDEM series radios which apply simultaneous working 2.4G & 900M dual-band technologies, FrSky has released the much-awaited TANDEM XE tray radio. The XE is the largest form factor radio in the TANDEM series, developed to meet the needs of RC users who enjoy tray radio design, combined with the flexibility and quantity of switch inputs. Its stunning looks, together with its high-quality build, make it a noticeable upgrade for the TARANIS X9E fans.
FrSky TANDEM XE features a dual-screen design, the main screen is a 4.3-inch color touch-screen used to operate ETHOS, such as model configuration. A second smaller 2.4-inch color screen is positioned on the top of the radio to meet the needs of RC users who wish to have additional information separately displayed. The content displayed on the additional screen can be programmed (such as by Lua, configurable, and personalized by the user) in the system.
Designed with flexibility in mind, it not only features multiple switch input slots for further extending the control needs, but it also benefits from customizable switch blocks that can be replaced with alternative blocks with more input slots. Additional design features have been included to meet the needs of wider RC user communities. For example, controlling the forward and reverse movement of RC crawlers can be achieved by customizing the side All CNC metal levers with the optional self-centering type accessory. Likewise, the optional 3-axis extenders mounted on the gimbals offer many possibilities when used with RC ground vehicles. The XE includes a foldable stand/frame which can be easily folded away in the bottom of the radio body, and its design also provides an excellent solution to attach the tray radio strap.
- Carbon Fiber Center Panel + CNC Metal Panel
- Modular Design | Replaceable Blocks with Customized Multiple Inputs
- MC11 All CNC High-Precision Hall-Sensor Gimbals with 10 Ball-Bearing
- Adjustable 45° / 60° stick travel (Additional Travel Limiter Tool is required)
8° rotatable panel
- 6 Trims & 4 Retractable Knobs & 2 All CNC Metal Side Levers & 2 Linea Sliders
- Main Color Touch-Screen Display with Operating ETHOS
- Top Color Screen with User Configurable Data Display (such as by Lua)
- 6 Quick-Mode Custom Buttons
- Lite Type External Module Bay
- Fordable Radio Stand/Frame also for Attaching Radio Strap
- Built-in TD 900M/2.4G Dual-Band Internal RF Module
- 8GB internal memory + external TF card slot for storage extension
- Haptic Vibration Alerts and Voice Speech Outputs
- Supports Recharge System for 2S Li-ion Battery
- High-speed PARA Wireless Training System
- Big Size Battery Bay for the Battery Capacity Upgrade
|Weight||1357g（Battery Excl.）/ 1492g（Battery Incl.）|
|Number of Channels||24 channels|
|Internal RF Module||TD-ISRM|
|Compatibility||ACCST D16 & ACCESS 2.4G & ACCESS 900M & TD Modes|
|Operating Voltage Range||6.5 ~ 8.4V (2S Li-battery)|
|Battery Bay Size:||86*61*20mm（L*W*H|
|Built-in Flash Storage||8GB|
|Main 4.3” Touch-Screen Display Resolution||800×480|
|Top 2.4” Color Screen Display Resolution||320×240|