Join the Wingtra team and become part of this venture-backed robotics scaleup with a global and international team of 140+ dedicated Wingtranauts who want to see their actions have a positive and lasting impact on the world. Founded more than 7 years ago at ETH Zurich, Europe’s leading robotics university, our goal is to build the best aerial robots to digitize the world at the push of a button and set the basis for faster and better decisions. Wingtra provides efficient and reliable data solutions to a variety of industries ranging from mining, construction and agriculture to humanitarian organizations, environmentalists and wildlife monitoring groups.
We are reaching for the stars and together we might just get there. Open communication, asking hard questions and valuing diverse viewpoints are but a few things that will help us achieve our goals. Above all we will never stop learning and striving to help each other reach our maximum potential.During your internship at Wingtra, you will be fully on-boarded into the highly cross-functional team that developed the WingtraOne drone from the ground up.
You will get the opportunity to solve real-world applied robotics problems in a hands-on approach, from conception of features all the way to customer releases.Your solutions will be employed by customers in challenging applications worldwide. You will also take part in all day to day activities, including team events. We want to ensure your growth in a professional environment beyond just the technical domain.
The earliest starting date would be March 23 and the duration will be 6 months or longer – applications for later in the year cannot be given priority. Thank you for understanding.Responsibilities
- Explore, develop in C++ and deploy embedded software features and workflows for the WingtraOne and upcoming products
- Analyze flight logs from internal testing and customers and expand the feature set of our log analysis toolchain in Python
- Develop and maintain the WingtraOne firmware codebase, ranging from sensor integration, through implementation of failsafe strategies and extension of online payload validation, to enhancement of communication protocols between system components
- Closely collaborate with the ground control app team to ensure a seamless customer experience
- Take responsibility for writing automated test procedures, flight simulation testing as well as in-field drone testing of your code
- Participate in team meetings, technical discussions, personal feedback sessions as well as company-wide all-hands meetings
- You finished your B.Sc and are pursuing a M.Sc. degree in Software / Robotics / Mechatronics Engineering or a related technical field
- Hungry to learn, with outstanding general cognitive abilities and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, good command of spoken and written English
- Honest, humble, self-motivated with a preference for teamwork over individual work
- You are comfortable working in C / C++ and have developed software for a real-time operating system or embedded Linux either through university or other projects
- You have experience with version control, code review, CI and agile methodologies
- Familiar with PX4 flight stack, Dronecode SDK, MAVlink, low level communication (UART, SPI, CAN, I2C)
- You feel comfortable working with Linux on embedded devices
- Experience with real-time embedded systems
- Working experience in Python
If you enjoy teamwork more than being the individual superhero, and if you thrive in a feedback-driven culture and an exciting, unconventional yet structured and progressive start-up environment, we would love to hear from you.