AirSeed Technologies is a fast-growing ecological restoration start-up, developing innovative technological solutions that combat the worst effects of climate change and biodiversity loss through hyper-productive tree planting. Our heavy-lift drone systems and novel biotech solutions are revolutionising environmental restoration economics across the world.
An exciting opportunity is now open for an RPAS Pilot with GIS expertise. You will use your unique skills and experience to assist the team in gathering and analysing valuable data and help build the processes to improve future data collection.
The role values GIS experience over drone piloting, so for those who understand drone data capture, we can work towards building your remote piloting skills and knowledge.
You will also have to opportunity to operate AirSeed’s proprietary heavy-lift planting aircraft as part of your development.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Operate within the guidelines of AirSeed’s operational manuals and procedures
- Take on the responsibility as Pilot-in-command for RPAS operations
- Refine AirSeed’s data capture methodology
- Guide development for processing data and improving outputs
- Creating maps & models using drones
- Analysing map products/spatial analysis from project data (including RGB, multispectral and LiDAR data) to assist project planning and monitoring
- Undertake independent research to gain new skills and knowledge
- Maintain a current working knowledge of GIS analytics, geoprocessing, data management and web solutions.
- There will be a lot of domestic travel, mostly by car. A flexibility work schedule and the willingness to travel will be critical to this role.
- Extensive experience in leadership roles
- Demonstrated experience (3+ years) in GIS system administration, geospatial data maintenance and implementation of geospatial projects
- Preparation of high-quality maps
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, particularly mapping outputs.
- Excellent judgement with a clear “safety-first” mentality
- Experience in mapping and spatial analysis in GIS software
- Photogrammetry experience
- Willing to work in remote environments and travel domestically and internationally
- Driver’s License
- A Remote Pilots Licence (RePL) for multi-rotors up to 25kg
- ESRI suite expertise (ArcGIS/ArcMap).
- Experience with Agisoft Metashape
- Experience with multispectral or LiDAR data collection
- Qualification in Remote Sensing, Spatial Science or similar
- Passion for the environment
This position is located in Dural, NSW, 2158
AirSeed Technologies is a dynamic startup with a mission to positively impact our environment by restoring lost biodiversity “the right way”. We value inclusivity, collaboration, and amazing office culture. If you’re committed to our mission and want to support a fast-growing startup with a positive environmental impact, we’d love to hear from you.
Please add a cover letter including your thoughts on this hybrid role. Please include references to the requirements or highly valued sections above.