BetaFPV’s TWIG XL FPV drone was first announced in 2020 and now comes with some cool upgrades that include a V5 F411 flight controller and 400mW VTX. According to your existing radio controller, you can opt for ELRS 2.4G, FrSky FCC/LBT, and TBS Crossfire receiver options.
Toothpick-style FPV drones are specifically designed for racing and freestyle flying. They get the name from its small size and toothpick-like appearance. Toothpick quadcopters typically measure between 80 and 120mm diagonally, making them much smaller than traditional FPV drones. This compact design allows them to fly faster, perform more advanced maneuvers, and maneuver through tight spaces with ease. The small size comes with low weight, which is very important, as drones under 250g do not require registration in most countries.
Designed by Racer X FPV, TWIG XL frames are premium 3mm thick, high-grade T700 carbon cut along the weave and chamfered on both sides of interior and exterior edges at .7mm. The battery is installed on the bottom of the frame, which keeps a low profile, which is very suitable for FPV racing. All the frames are approximately 140mm motor post to motor post and swing up to 3″ or 3.5″ props. It brings stable and maneuverable control to pilots. Ultralight weight of only 3.87g and adopt the injection molding canopy, it protects the camera well even in several severe crashing. This canopy is adjustable for a wider camera tilt from 10°-50°, providing a different FPV experience for pilots.
- The most popular receiver protocol is ready for option. It supports ExpressLRS 2.4G receiver protocol.
- High-grade 3mm thick T700 carbon cut along the weave and chamfered on both sides of the interior and exterior edges at .7mm. This frame design causes almost no vibration in aggressive flying, bringing stable and maneuverable control to pilots.
- Equipped with F411 4S 20A FC V5, high-quality MOSFETs are applied to it to handle 20A continuous current and reach 25A peak current.
- Comes with GF 3520 and HQ 3520 3-blade props in the package. With 1404 3800KV motors, TWIG XL has not only good performance in racing flying but also a longer endurance with a larger battery.
- Built-in a high-quality A03 5.8GHz VTX with strong anti-interference ability and stable transmission. It supports PIT/RCE/25mW/100mW/400mW adjustable output power. With plug and play port, it is easy to replace the camera without soldering.
- Weight: 111g (without battery)
- Motors: 1404 3800KV Brushless Motors
- Frame: TWIG XL Frame
- Canopy: X-Knight Canopy
- Propellers: Gemfan 3520 3-Blade/HQ 3520 3-Blade
- Flight Controller: F411 4S 20A Toothpick Brushless Flight Controller V5 BLHeli_S BMI270)
- VTX: A03 400mW 5.8G VTX
- Camera: Caddx Ratel 2
- Receiver Option: ELRS 2.4G/Frsky FCC/LBT/TBS Crossfire/PNP
- Camera Adjustable Angle: 10-50°
- Battery Connector: XT30
- Recommend Battery: 450mAh 4S battery (NOT included)
- Flight time: 3-5 mins