Currawong sells motor controllers, servos and small engines for unmanned aerial vehicles to customers located all over the world. Currawong has recently expanded its electronics production facility to meet the growing demand for its products. The facility includes a solder printer, pick and place machines, a reflow oven, automatic optical inspection and various soldering stations. Currawong is seeking an Electronics Technician to assist with increasing the production output.
High quality and reliability are keystones of the business. The successful candidate will need to have a strong commitment to making precision products.
Please note, only hard-copy applications sent via the post will be considered.
- the electronics assembly of Currawong products
- operation of electronics assembly equipment
- manufacture of wiring harnesses
- testing and commissioning of electronic products
- documenting assembly processes, testing and commissioning procedures
- record and update relevant information in Currawong’s information and inventory systems
- ordering electronics components
- other tasks as needed
- A relevant diploma or IPC training would be an advantage
- Experience in PCBA, electronics assembly, inspection, testing and repair would be an advantage
- Soldering and desoldering experience would be an advantage
- Ability to read and understand schematics and diagrams
- Computer skills – able to use Word and Excel
- Demonstrated attention to detail in order to achieve Currawong’s high-quality standards
- Willingness to learn and accept constructive feedback
- Enthusiastic team player who is flexible and adaptable
- Can work independently and shows initiative
- Excellent communication skills
- Follows safe work procedures
Please note, Currawong will provide training to the successful candidate, as needed.
- A current Tasmanian driving licence is required.
- Baseline security screening may be required (via the Australian Government Security Vetting Agency).
Currawong has 20 employees and it aims to provide a challenging, rewarding and flexible work environment. The standard workday is 7.6 hours in length (38 hours per week). Currawong has a flex time system whereby any extra hours worked in a week can be accrued and taken off at a later date. It provides tea, espresso coffee, milo and regular staff morning teas.
For more information about Currawong Engineering, please see the website www.currawong.aero
If you have any questions, please contact Jason Suter or Oliver Walters via [email protected] or tel 03 6229 1973.
How to apply:
To apply, please post a hard copy of your application to:
Currawong Engineering Pty Ltd
54 Patriarch Drive Huntingfield TAS 7055
- A cover letter including:
- to what degree do you meet the Qualifications/Skills dot points?
- why you would specifically like to work at Currawong Engineering.
Currawong requests that hard copy applications be received by Monday 27th March 2023 (although the earlier the better). We look forward to hearing from you.