Avata is a delicate FPV drone made by DJI and the second of its kind after the DJI FPV.
It’s tricky to transport Avata, not only the drone itself but DJI Goggles 2, which seem more fragile.
You may be considering acquiring a case for your Avata. Which are the best ones?
The Skyreat Avata case, Nanuk 925, and Ueyake are our top choices for secure transportation and storage of DJI Avata and its accessories. These cases can withstand impacts and still hold up well!
This being said, we should explain why we chose each case and why we consider them our top choices. But before that, why do we need a case?
Why does DJI Avata need a case in the first place?
DJI Avata, like any drone, needs a way to be safely transported.
Although the drone appears to be quite impact-resistant, improper carrying puts it at risk of bent propellers and even built-up heat around the battery, which is contraindicated.
I had always struggled to carry my DJI FPV Goggles 2 (which I currently own) with their antennas every time, and I had to constantly improvise until I got a hard carry case.
That inspired me to seek the following storage options.
1. Skyreat Avata Case
Skyreat is a company that creates accessories for DJI drones, from ND filters and propeller holders to carrying cases.
- It can hold the DJI Avata, DJI Goggles V2, FPV Controller, Motion Controller, four Avata batteries, and a battery charging hub.
- The case has a few small spaces where you can slide in a charger, cable, etc.
- It’s a waterproof rigid case that’s impact-resistant.
- This case has a soft cushion inside protecting each component.
- It has a reasonable price and an excellent rating from other Avata pilots.
- It’s bulky and heavy, which is to be expected for the protection it offers.
- Not the best choice to take on a flight (you can’t take it in a cabin with you, and it offers no theft protection if you decide to place it in the luggage area; plus, you have to remove the batteries under these circumstances).
2. Nanuk 925 Waterproof Hard Case
The Nanuk 925 is another fantastic waterproof rigid case that can hold the entire DJI Avata Fly More Combo option!
- It can hold the Avata drone, four batteries, DJI RC 2 (or extra accessories), a charging hub, and spare propellers.
- Moreover, it can carry either DJI Goggles 2 or DJI FPV Goggles v2, making this case unique and suitable if you have the DJI FPV Goggles v2 with your Avata instead of the DJI Goggles 2.
- It’s lockable with an optional TSA padlock.
- The case quality is fantastic, and it can be transported through severe conditions, as it’s highly resistant.
- It’s costly compared to other similar cases.
- It presents the same bulky and heavy aspect, but for a good reason.
3. Ueyake Avata Case
This case is a bit different from the other two we recommended, and it definitely has its own advantages and disadvantages over the others.
But why did we choose the Ueyake Avata case?
- It can carry the Avata, Motion Controller, three batteries, a charger, DJI Goggles 2, and some accessories.
- It has two layers of storage (plus a pouch), reducing the case size to fit all in.
- This case is smaller than the others and can be easily transported on the shoulder with the shoulder strap, which is an advantage over the cases mentioned above.
- It’s pretty affordable and offers a good level of protection.
- You can fit an iPad, helipad, or other accessories or items in the pouch.
- It’s not waterproof or shock-resistant compared to others (again, because of its smaller size).
- It does not have a specific location for the FPV Controller.
What do you need to know when looking for a drone case?
- Make sure you choose a case for Avata that fits your mode of transportation. For instance, if you travel by foot, look for lightweight cases; if you travel by car, hard, rigid cases may fit your needs.
- Ensure that your case will fit your Avata and all your accessories.
- Are you traveling in humid weather, rain, or snow, facing elements of nature? Choose a case that will withstand those elements.
- If you travel by plane and take Avata, ensure your case has a TSA lock and can be locked for anti-theft. Moreover, don’t forget you must take the Avata and Goggle batteries in the cabin.
- In my opinion, investing about five to 10 percent of the Avata’s price for a safe transportation and storage case is not a dealbreaker.
- If you have other drones and accessories on top of your Avata and need a case to transport them all, look for a case for each of your drones or a universal or custom case to fit everything.