DJI is a leading brand in the drone industry, known for producing high-quality drones with advanced features.
One of their latest offerings is the DJI Avata, which has garnered a lot of attention for its impressive capabilities.
People are curious about whether Avata has ActiveTrack.
Avata does have ActiveTrack, a feature common in many DJI drones. ActiveTrack allows the drone to automatically track and follow a moving subject. This feature allows the operator to focus on framing the camera shot while the drone does the flying.
In this article, we will take a closer look at this feature and how to use it.
What is ActiveTrack?
ActiveTrack is a feature in many DJI drones, allowing the drone to automatically follow and track a moving subject.
This feature has become a favorite among photographers, videographers, and drone enthusiasts who want to capture professional-quality footage of moving subjects.
It allows the operator to focus on framing the shot while the drone takes care of the tracking.
With ActiveTrack, you can set the drone to follow a person, car, or other moving object, and the drone will keep the subject in the frame, no matter where it moves.
But… How does it work? ActiveTrack uses advanced computer vision technology to detect and track the subject and can even predict the subject’s movements to ensure that it stays in the frame.
How to Use ActiveTrack on DJI Avata
Using ActiveTrack on Avata is a straightforward process. Here’s a step-by-step guide.
Step 1: Open the DJI Fly app
To use ActiveTrack, you must install the DJI Fly app on your smartphone or tablet. Open the app and connect it to Avata.
Step 2: Select ActiveTrack
Once you’ve connected your drone, pick ActiveTrack from the main menu. This will enable the ActiveTrack feature on your drone.
Step 3: Select the subject
After enabling ActiveTrack, select the subject you want the drone to track.
You can do this by tapping on the subject on the screen or by using Avata’s obstacle avoidance sensors to detect the subject.
Step 4: Start tracking
Once you’ve selected the subject, you can begin tracking by pressing the Start button on the screen.
The drone will begin following the subject, and you can use the controller to adjust the speed and altitude of the drone.
Step 5: Stop tracking
To stop tracking, simply press the Stop button on the screen or use the controller to manually fly the drone back to its starting point.
The Benefits of using ActiveTrack
As a drone operator, you may wonder about the value of using ActiveTrack. After all, it’s a feature often discussed in drone circles, but what are the benefits?
Elevates photography and videography
ActiveTrack is not just an ordinary feature; it’s a game-changer that can transform your drone-filming experience into a seamless and professional one.
It’s the go-to tool for filmmakers, photographers, and videographers who want to capture high-quality footage of moving subjects.
Simple to use
The ease of use is one of the most significant advantages of ActiveTrack. It’s a user-friendly feature that requires no special skills or knowledge, making it accessible to both novice and seasoned drone operators.
Avata’s ActiveTrack uses advanced computer vision algorithms that detect and track moving subjects, freeing you from manually controlling the drone.
You can concentrate on framing the shot, which saves you time and energy, enabling you to capture stunning footage without spending hours practicing your drone flying skills.
ActiveTrack’s versatility is another advantage that differentiates it from other drone features. It can be used in various settings, including sports events, wildlife photography, and outdoor adventures.
Whether following a cyclist in a race or trailing a hiker on a scenic trail, ActiveTrack can help you capture dynamic footage that immerses your viewers in the action.
It’s an ideal tool for anyone looking to capture unique perspectives and tell engaging visual stories.
Time-saving is another significant advantage of ActiveTrack.
ActiveTrack can help you achieve the desired footage quickly and efficiently.
You no longer need to spend time perfecting your drone flying skills or manually adjusting the drone’s position to keep up with the subject.
This can be particularly helpful when filming fast-moving subjects, as ActiveTrack can keep up with them effortlessly.
Finally, ActiveTrack can also improve safety during drone filming. It can help prevent accidents and crashes by keeping the drone at a safe distance from obstacles and automatically adjusting its altitude and speed as needed.
This is particularly important when filming in tight or challenging spaces with a higher risk of collisions or crashes.
ActiveTrack’s safety features can give you peace of mind while filming and help you avoid costly accidents that could damage your drone.
Moreover, taking care of your Avata is important to ensure that it operates properly and lasts for a long time.
Here are some tips on how to maintain Avata.
- Keep it clean: After each flight, make sure to clean your Avata thoroughly, including the camera lens and gimbal. Use a soft cloth or brush to remove dirt and debris, and avoid using water or cleaning products that could damage the drone.
- Store it properly: When not in use, store Avata in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight and moisture. Use the original carrying case or a dedicated storage bag to protect it from dust and scratches.
- Check for damage: Inspect your Avata for any signs of damage or wear and tear before each flight. Check the propellers, motors, and batteries to ensure they function properly.
- Keep the firmware updated: DJI regularly releases firmware updates for its drones, including the Avata. These updates can improve performance and fix bugs, so keep your drone’s firmware up to date.
- Use the appropriate accessories: Use accessories designed for Avata, such as batteries, propellers, and chargers. Using non-approved accessories can damage the drone and void the warranty.
- Follow safety guidelines: Always fly Avata in accordance with local laws and regulations, and follow safety guidelines provided by DJI and the FAA (or the governing drone body in your country). This includes avoiding flying in restricted areas, maintaining a safe distance from people and objects, and ensuring the drone is in good condition before each flight.
DJI Avata is a versatile and powerful drone offering advanced features and capabilities. It’s a reliable and efficient tool for professional filmmakers, photographers, and industrial operators alike.
Its ActiveTrack technology, extended flight time, and Intelligent Flight Modes make it a top choice for aerial cinematography and industrial applications.
Moreover, its durable design and advanced safety features make it a dependable and trustworthy drone that can meet various needs.