Hubsan claims to be a “Leading provider of flight control” and brings “new” drones on the market. Just like their other drones, the Hubsan BlackHawk1 looks extraordinary on paper, but when you start using them, the unpleasantness comes. Over the last seven years, the First Quadcopter team reviewed more than 200 drones from the biggest names in the drone industry, and from all of them, we had the worst user experience with Hubsan’s customer support. Probably due to this poor reputation, Hubsan drones are also sold under the “EXO” brand name.
In terms of design, the BlackHawk One looks very similar to one of the company’s older drones named ACE SE. With folders measures 118.7×172.5×67.6mm and weights 590 grams. It has a wheelbase of 266mm and 1503 KV2820 brushless motors at the end of each arm.
The Hubsan BlackHawk1 has a 4K camera installed on a 3-axis gimbal. The camera features a 1/2.6-inch CMOS image sensor and a 3.5mm EFL lens that provides an 80° field of view (FOV). The camera can record 4K (3840×2160) videos at 30fps.
Thanks to Hubsan’s SyncLeas 2 transmission system, the BlackHawk1 has a flight range of up to 9KM. The drone has two battery options, providing up to 37 minutes of flight time.
Pricing, availability, and options
The BlackHawk1 drone can be ordered from Banggood with a starting price of US$369.99 with two 3200mAh batteries or $429.99 with one 3200mAh and one 5000mAh battery. These prices include a pair of spare propellers, chargingdata cables, and a storage bag.
Hubsan BlackHawk1: Key features
- Compact size with folding arms and take-off weight of just 590 grams
- Triple-satellite positioning (GPS/GLONASS/Beidou Satelite)
- 4K stabilized camera
- 1/2.6inch CMOS, 12 million effective pixels
- FOV 80°, Aperture f/2.2 ,EFL: 3.5mm
- 4K: 3840×2160@30fps / 2.7K: 2704×1520 / 1080P: 1920×1080@30fps
- 45Mbps-100Mbps Video Bitrate
- 3-axis mechanical gimbal
- Up to 9KM SyncLeas 2 long-range transmission system
- Third-generation Flight Controller and 20A Digital ESC Brushless
- Two battery options (3200mAh and 5000mAh) for up to 37 minutes of battery life
- GPS-assisted fail-safe RTH
- Intelligent flight modes
- Support for 4G GSM mobile connectivity